Call for presentations
Share with us your ideas, valuable experiences and skills – old and new. Don’t hesitate. Be a part of Booster 2024 and submit your contribution now! Or by the submission deadline. Whatever floats your boat.
Submission deadline: October 25th 2023
Pick your format!
We accept submissions that fall under one of the following three categories. Read about them below to find out which format works best for your contribution!
If you need help choosing a format, then let us know. We are more than happy to help.
#1 – Workshops
Workshops are #1 in our hearts. Booster is – and always will be – all about hands-on learning. The sky’s the limit when you get to play with something new. Send us your workshops, please.
Length: 1.5-3.0 hours
Number of participants: Up to you
#2 – Lightning talks
Lightning talks are pretty cool too. Each speaker in a lightning session gets precisely 10 min to share an insight, a method, a technology, or what have you. These sessions are strict on time, so don’t forget to kill your darlings and rehearse, rehearse, rehearse!
Talk length: 10 min
Session length: 3*10 min = 30 min
#3 – Experience Report
Share your story with us. Stories are such an important way to learn from the experience of others. Tell us about how you, created, tested, experienced or did something – alone or with a team. As our program contains fewer experience reports than lightning talks, we expect a high quality of proposals.
Length: 30 min
What should your topic be?
In terms of professional content, we are interested in any and all things related to the design, making and managing of software. We don’t have topical constraints, which is both a blessing and a curse. However, if you feel it is more like a curse, then here is a tip..
We in the committee would love to read proposals focused on how we as professionals can have a positive impact on our communities. If you have an idea like that, then send it to us.
Got something else in mind? Go for it. We are interested in building a program that reflects what the Booster community cares about.
Still need a list?
- General programming
- Process and leadership
- Front-end development
- UX <3
- Back-end development
- Fun stuff: Built a robot? Made a language? Pet projects that are just plain weird, interesting or enjoyable.
- Anything else: IoT, torrenting, coding in schools
As long as your topic is sort of related to software we’re interested. Don’t fret. Just submit and let us decide!
- A forum where you can present and discuss your ideas with other smart people.
- A free ticket to the conference!
- Admission to the speaker’s dinner on Thursday evening.
- Glory, which may or may not be eternal
Travel and Accommodations
If financial concerns make it difficult for you to attend as a speaker, then you should apply for reimbursement of travel and/or accommodation expenses.
Do so by filling out the information when submitting your proposal. Our Monetary policy has all the details.
Please note that if your talk gets accepted we will:
- Film your talk and publish it to Vimeo, (keynotes, lightning talks and short-talks only)
- Publish your name, bio and talk abstract on our website as part of this years program. We will also keep a copy of this information as a part of the Booster history.
- Keep your e-mail address, in order to be able to contact you while working on Booster 2024.
If you have any questions about your data and how and why we keep it, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.